Harold Deblander, CDRE
Thank you for contacting us. We look forward to getting to know you.
Location: San Francisco, CA
Harold Deblander is a Certified Divorce Real Estate Expert, and real estate broker associate with Sotheby’s International Realty focusing on the counties of San Francisco, Alameda and Marin. He has deep, extensive experience handling real property in court related cases within probate and family law, with a focus in working with and resolving high conflict situations, including but not limited to domestic violence and uncooperative spouses.
As a real estate broker his clients and peers seek his professional advise for market trends and conditions as well as property valuations and innovative marketing approaches. He also has a very strong real estate developer background that provides him with a unique perspective into complex real estate problem-solving, construction, remodeling and value- added strategies.
- DIVORCE REAL ESTATE INSTITUTE - MASTER COURSE — 2018
50 hours of on-site, full day training by faculty and experts from both the legal and real estate professions. Graduated summa cum laude.
- DIVORCE REAL ESTATE INSTITUTE - DIVORCE REAL ESTATE PRINCIPALS — 2018
12-week online learning lab.
- COLLABORATIVE FAMILY PRACTICE BASIC INTERDISCIPLINARY TRAINING - 2018
3 days training organized by LACFLA at Loyola School of Law in Los Angeles.
- MASTERS IN BUSINESS ENGINEERING - UCL LOUVAIN SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT, BELGIUM — 1993 TO 1999
“Ingénieur Commercial et De Gestion”, LSM ranked 1st business school in Belgium (Financial Times 2011-2013)
- ERASMUS SCHOLARSHIP - UNIVERSIDAD DE VALLADOLID, SPAIN — 1997-1998
European Union-granted scholarship to study computer science and engineering.
- COLLABORATIVE PRACTICE CALIFORNIA ANNUAL CONFERENCE XIII - 2018
2 days conference on “The Roots and Branches” of Collaborative Practice.
- DIVORCE TAXATION - A PROFESSIONAL’S GUIDE TO US & CA TAX & LEGAL ISSUES
Hal D. Bartholomew, CPA, PFS and Beverly Brautigam, JD, CFLS - Collaborative Divorce Group of Sacramento - 2018
- SAN FRANCISCO BAR ASSOCIATION MCLE - TOP TAX TIPS FOR MAKING DIVORCE LESS TAXING - 2018
Justin Miller, JD, LLM - BNY Mellon Wealth Management.
- SAN FRANCISCO BAR ASSOCIATION MCLE - “PERMANENT” SPOUSAL SUPPORT ISSUES IN LITIGATION & MEDIATION - 2018
Ashley Rodet, law offices of Ashley Rodet, David Sutton, Sutton Mediation and Arbitration.
- CAR, REAL ESTATE CONTINUING EDUCATION — 2001 TO PRESENT
Hundreds of hours of continuing education in the field of real estate including but not limited to, construction, negotiation, valuation, marketing, conflict resolution, real estate law, etc.
- REAL ESTATE AGENT LICENSE - DRE#1859312 — 2009
REAL ESTATE BROKER ASSOCIATE LICENSE - DRE#1859312 — 2011
- COLLEGE ST. AUGUSTIN - ENGHIEN, BELGIUM — 1986-1992
Six years of Latin and Greek, classical high school education.
- Owner/CEO, Rubicon Investing, LLC; San Francisco, CA — 2003-Present
As a developer, Harold has purchased and developed over 43 properties for his own account, spanning from building vacant land to remodeling existing structures for immediate resale or long term hold. He has acquired specific knowledge about construction and has a keen understanding of what buyers are looking for when making their purchase decisions.
- Real Estate Broker License — 2011-Present
Extensive experience in buying and selling properties in the San Francisco and Bay Area luxury real estate market. Additionally, Harold has applied his experience as a developer to advise homeowners on best ways to maximize profit. This includes consulting them through financially prudent improvements or modifications as well as cautioning against unnecessary modifications that will not net the parties a reasonable return on investment.
- Publication - Inman News- California Divorce Realtor — 2018
Contributor to article by Gill South
- MEMBER, SAN FRANCISCO BAR ASSOCIATION
- MEMBER, MARIN BAR ASSOCIATION
- FOUNDING MEMBER, DIVORCE REAL ESTATE INSTITUTE
- MEMBER, SAN FRANCISCO ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS
- MEMBER, CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS
- MEMBER, NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS
- ADVISING MEMBER, BELGIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE SAN FRANCISCO BOARD MEMBER,
- BELGIAN CLUB OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
- FRENCH - DUTCH: NATIVE SPEAKER
- ENGLISH - SPANISH: NEAR NATIVE SPEAKER
- GERMAN - ITALIAN - PORTUGUESE: BASIC LANGUAGE SKILLS