Michael Salas, CDRE
Thank you for contacting us. Our team will reach out promptly.
CA DRE: 01301134
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Michael Salas is a licensed real estate professional that handles the sale of real property in family law cases as a Certified Divorce Real Estate Expert. This certification gives qualification as an educated neutral third party in divorce cases.
The training in divorce real estate includes consultations with nationally known divorce real estate experts, judges, and specialized lending professionals. In addition, this certification requires over 50 hours of face-to-face instruction by multiple prominent family law attorneys specific to real property matters and those issues involved in a divorce.
Mr. Salas has been selling residential real estate in Newport Beach, CA since 2000. Over the course of his career, Mr. Salas has sold over $350 million in real property. These successes have resulted, in many years, a ranking in the top 1% of Realtors nationwide.Mr. Salas also volunteers for the Divorce Recovery Workshop, Newport Beach, as a small group facilitator.
- BA in Communications (Photography), California State University, Fullerton, CA
- AA Degree in Photography, Orange Coast College, Costa Mesa, CA
- Brooks Institute of Photography, Santa Barbara, CA
- Certified Divorce Real Estate Expert, Divorce Real Estate Institute, Master Course, Pomona College, Claremont CA
- Certified Distressed Property Expert, Charfen Institute
- Certificate in Negotiations, Straus Center for Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine University, Malibu, CA
- Short Sale and Foreclosure Resource Specialist (SFR), National Association of Realtors
- Certified Luxury Property Expert, Coldwell Banker Previews
- Hundreds of hours in training courses such as Real Estate Law, Marketing, Contracts, Ethics, Title and Escrow.
- California Licensed Real Estate Salesperson since 2000.
- Certified Divorce Real Estate Expert (CDRE) - A graduate of the Divorce Real Estate Institute Master Program. This is an intense, immersion program taught by family law attorneys, judges and other professionals. Graduates understand the special needs of families during the divorce process bringing expert knowledge to all real estate transactions.
- Certified Distressed Property Expert (CDPE) - A CDPE has a thorough understanding of complex issues in the real estate industry and knowledge of foreclosure avoidance options available to homeowners. CDPEs can provide solutions, specifically short sales, for homeowners facing financial hardships.
- Facilitated the sale of real estate transactions that involved distressed situations such as bankruptcy, divorce, foreclosures and short sales.
- Instructor for CA Realty Training, Santa Monica, CA.
- Instructor for Ignite, a Keller Williams Realty training course for new agents.
- Served on the Agent Leadership Counsel (ALC) for the Keller Williams Realty - NewportEstates for two terms. It is the equivalent of a Board of Directors.
- Real Estate “Coach/Mentor” for new agents at Keller Williams Realty, Newport Beach.
- Served one year for the Newport Beach Association of Realtors Board of Directors on theMLS committee.• Writer and Editor for the Newport Beach Real Estate Blog.
- Freelance Photographer for 27 years working with national magazines, advertising agencies and corporations such as; Time, LIFE, Newsweek, Fortune, Forbes, Money, American Airlines, IBM, City National Bank and many others.
- Winemaker for a startup winery - Salas Cellars, Orange, CA
- Orange County Bar Association• Divorce Real Estate Institute
- National Association of Realtors (NAR)
- California Association of Realtors (CAR)
- Newport Beach Association of Realtors (NBAOR)• California Regional Multiple Listing Service (CRMLS)
- Divorce Recovery Workshop, Newport Beach