TWO PATHS TO SUCCESSFULLY SERVING DIVORCING CLIENTS
The Divorce Real Estate Institute provides comprehensive training and resources to the family law and real estate communities. If you are a real estate professional seeking knowledge about how to serve divorcing clients, you'll find the online course below will serve your needs. For those interested in building a career as a Certified Divorce Real Estate Professional, we invite you to apply.
Become a Certified Divorce Real Estate Expert
FOR THOSE WISHING TO BUILD A REAL ESTATE PRACTICE FOCUSED ON DIVORCE
The Divorce Real Estate Institute exists to fundamentally transform the collaboration of real estate and family law professionals, such that every divorcing couple is ensured the best possible outcome when untangling the legal, financial, and emotional ties to their house. If you're already a real estate expert, and would like to explore the possibility of becoming a Certified Divorce Real Estate Expert, we invite you to apply below.
To be clear, this education is for those wishing to make a meaningful difference in the lives of those we serve. Your choice to focus on this market should not be made lightly. Those accepted will participate in a comprehensive program of training, education, and support, including:
- The Divorce Real Estate Principles Video Course
- The live, 5-day Master Course which is held in Southern California
- Full marketing support, including systems, processes, publicity
- Membership in a community of like minded professionals who are leading the country in serving this niche
- Year round access to faculty
- Limited Market Exclusivity (apply for details and to check availability)
As a Certified Divorce Real Estate Expert you will learn how to:
- Serve your local family law community at the highest levels
- Be appointed as the listing agent by the court
- Present MCLEs at your local Bar Association meetings
- Protect referring attorneys from negligent referral claims
- Sell the house when one party won't cooperate
- Become an indispensable resource
- Serve, and be compensated, as an expert witness
The Divorce Real Estate Principles Video Course
FOR THOSE WHO NEED HELP WITH A DIVORCE LISTING
The Divorce Real Estate Principles Video Course teaches real estate professionals exactly what they must know to serve divorcing families.
It covers the following:
- Obstacles agents will encounter when working with divorcing homeowners
- The best way to help people reach agreements during the listing and sale process
- The process of selling a home during a divorce and how it differs from a regular sale
- Resolving negative equity issues
- Disclosure requirements when representing divorcing sellers
- Dual representation of divorcing homeowners
- How to decide whether or not the house is sold in a divorce
- How the divorce process affects the sale of a house
- Steps do you need to take, early on, in a divorce listing to prevent pitfalls during the transaction
The House Matters in Divorce
The House Matters in Divorce is a comprehensive guide written by divorce real estate expert Laurel Starks. It addresses a full spectrum of issues faced by divorcing homeowners from the emotional impact to the dollars-and-cents details and provides a framework of knowledge that will empower divorcing spouses to emerge financially sound and prepared for the future.
The result is a well-rounded view of what divorcing partners can expect, and concrete advice on how to manage the process.